Sign up for our newsletter:
P/T COFFEE SHOP ASSISTANT/PORTER
Little Oxhey Lane
WD19 5BA - Watford
Tel: 0208 420 1959
We are looking for Coffee Shop Assistant to join our friendly team in our newly refurbished Café.
This role is a blend of the two major positions in the restaurant, kitchen porter and front of the house staff. The main objective is assisting in all operational aspects and ensuring the smooth running and exceptional service of the operation.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out in accordance to safety requirements and food hygiene regulations.
- Ensuring basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collecting and washing up pots and pans.
- Cleaning food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unloading food and equipment deliveries.
- Keeping the storeroom organised.
- Keeping work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- Ensuring safety and sanitation practices in the restaurant
- Maintaining the schedule for the staff
- Setting up workstations with all needed products
- Helping with food preparation (chopping and peeling vegetables, etc.)
- Welcoming members and guests to the restaurants.
- Serving meals/drinks to customers
- Notifying the Manager or his/her deputy where stocks/supplies are low.
- Assisting with payment transactions in accordance with the financial policies and procedures and handling transactions with diligence, honesty and integrity.
- Supporting colleagues at peak times and undertaking any operational duty which might be reasonably required, to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Operating the coffee machine, blender etc.
- Ensuring great presentation of served food and drinks
- Ensuring all stock and supplies are stored properly
- Ensuring personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene
- Ensuring and controlling levels of customer satisfaction
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Have catering experience and have worked in a similar position
- Maturity and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have a real passion for food
- Be IT literate (Use of email and basic Microsoft Office programs)
- Have a high level of integrity and honesty
- Be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Work well as part of a team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have an interest in good, healthy, nutritious food
- Have the ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure
- Have high standards of personal hygiene
Applicants should be enthusiastic and self-motivated. The individual should have a friendly outgoing manner and excellent customer service skills for our busy Coffee Shop.
We offer a competitive salary, staff discount, free uniform and free staff car parking.
This is a fab opportunity within a fun & friendly company. If you fit the criteria above, then apply now!
Due to the high number of applicants we receive sadly we cannot reply to everyone, therefore if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful this time.