Why this privacy statement?
For the purpose of our services, we process your personal data. We attach great importance to your privacy, and we will handle this personal data confidentially and carefully. Personal data is processed in accordance with legal provisions such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this privacy statement, we aim to provide you with more information about this.
Applicability of the privacy statement
This privacy statement provides information about the processing of personal data by or on behalf of Gardencentreguide.co.uk and applies only to the use of personal data of its customers and website visitors.
Identity of Gardencentreguide.co.uk
Gardencentreguide.co.uk is the data controller within the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Act and, as of May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement provides information about the collection and processing of personal data by or on behalf of Gardencentreguide.co.uk.
Gardencentreguide.co.uk can be reached via the email address [email protected]
How do we collect personal data?
Gardencentreguide.co.uk may receive information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you: for example, by entering into an agreement with us, contacting us by email, phone, or in writing, placing an order in our webshop, registering for activities, using the customer card, or subscribing to our newsletter.
What personal data do we collect?
Gardencentreguide.co.uk may process personal data about you when you use the services of Gardencentreguide.co.uk or provide it yourself when filling out a contact form on the website. Gardencentreguide.co.uk may process the following personal data:
- Contact and account information, including the name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, information about your home, garden, and pets, personal preferences, social media accounts, and login details provided by you.
- Payment and invoice data are not stored if you make an online payment through a third party such as iDeal. If you provide this data to us in another way, such as in writing or by email, we may store it.
- Website data - such as IP address, traffic and location data, and information about the use of our website, webshop, customer card, and digital newsletters.
- Data submitted when you apply to us, such as your CV, motivation, and related information.
For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
Gardencentreguide.co.uk uses obtained personal data primarily to fulfill the agreement we enter into with the customer for offering products and services through our website, webshop, and physical store, as well as for internal administration. Specifically, we ask you to share your personal data with us for the following purposes:
- For the initiation, maintenance, and improvement of the contractual relationship with its (potential) customers, or for improving services and products.
- To comply with legal obligations.
- To make analyses regarding purchase and visit behavior on the website, webshop, and our physical store(s) and compare it with other (similar) stores with which we have an active or passive collaboration.
- To provide you with personal actions, offers, tips, and information via email and/or post.
- Providing purchase-related information such as manuals, usage tips, information, warranty certificates, purchase receipts, and associated products.
- Sending promotions on the customer's birthday. Gardencentreguide.co.uk may send newsletters by email. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Personal data will not be used for purposes other than those described above.
With whom do we share your personal data?
- Gardencentreguide.co.uk may share your personal data with affiliated companies, its clients, subcontractors (such as processors) who provide services on behalf of us, suppliers, government agencies, and other business relationships.
- Gardencentreguide.co.uk may be obligated to provide your data due to a legal obligation on Gardencentreguide.co.uk or in response to requests from authorities.
- Gardencentreguide.co.uk has taken the necessary organizational and contractual measures to ensure that personal data is processed and protected in line with European legislation.
Which cookies do we place?
- Visitor's IP address.
- Date and time of the visit.
- URL of the referring site.
- Pages visited on our website.
- Information about the browser used (type and version, operating system, etc.).
Technical information and cookies are used by us to facilitate your visit to the website and optimize the performance and user experience of the website. Cookies can be placed by Gardencentreguide.co.uk itself or by other parties with whom Gardencentreguide.co.uk collaborates. Below is an overview of the types of cookies placed via the Gardencentreguide.co.uk website:
Gardencentreguide.co.uk places cookies necessary for the proper functioning of the website and providing a requested service. These cookies are used to save certain user and preference settings, store any login details, and optimize the user-friendliness of the website.
Gardencentreguide.co.uk uses analytical cookies, such as Google Analytics cookies, to collect information about the use of the website. This includes the number of website visitors, visited pages, and the duration of their stay. The collected data is used to improve services and tailor the content of the website to the wishes and needs of users.
Gardencentreguide.co.uk has entered into a data processing agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics. This agreement ensures that Google Analytics cookies are set up in the most privacy-friendly way. Gardencentreguide.co.uk has not given Google permission to use information obtained through Gardencentreguide.co.uk for other Google services.
Tracking or advertising cookies
Tracking cookies collect data about the user's (internet) behavior on the website. These tracking cookies are used to allow the user to make optimal use of our website. For example, these cookies are used to record information about the visit so that relevant information can be used conveniently by the user on their next visit, such as automatically filling in forms or offering advertisements that match the user's (search) profile.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can reset your browser to reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function correctly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
How long do we keep your data?
Gardencentreguide.co.uk does not keep your data longer than necessary for the execution of agreements and in any case not longer than 24 months after the agreement has been terminated, unless this is necessary to comply with a legal retention obligation.
Terminating an agreement, in this case, means canceling a customer card or unsubscribing from a newsletter. If you want your data to be completely deleted, you can submit a request for this (see below).
What rights do you have?
You are responsible for ensuring that Gardencentreguide.co.uk has the correct personal data. You can object to the use of certain data by Gardencentreguide.co.uk, or request access to, correction, and/or deletion of your (personal) data by writing to the email address [email protected]. Any corrections you provide will be processed as soon as possible, but within four weeks of your request.
Complaints about the use of personal data can be addressed to Gardencentreguide.co.uk or the legally competent authority in our country.
How do we secure your personal data?
Gardencentreguide.co.uk takes the protection of personal data extremely seriously and implements appropriate physical, administrative, organizational, and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized modification.
If you believe that your data is not properly secured or if there are indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of your personal data, you can contact Gardencentreguide.co.uk via [email protected].
Questions, comments, complaints
If you have questions, comments, or complaints about this privacy statement or how Gardencentreguide.co.uk handles your personal data, you can contact us by email at [email protected].