Sign up for our newsletter:
Christmas gifts in Hereford and Worcester
It’s the same at the end of every year. Thousands of people crowding the shops looking for the right presents to give to family and friends for Christmas, many times having to do this several times before finding the gifts they’re looking for. The Garden Centre Guide not only eliminates all the unpleasantness of spending many frustrating hours in the shops, but also offers you a way of buying beautiful Christmas gifts which last for many years at prices affordable to everyone.
How? Well, when you visit The Garden Centre Guide, you will have access to thousands of garden centres scattered throughout the UK, with more than likely several of them in and around the area in which you live. All these garden centres have an enormous variety of stunning plants on offer that make the perfect gift for family and friends. The great thing is that these beautiful, living gifts will be around for many years to come, to remind the lucky recipient of the thoughtful gift you gave them at Christmas time.
What type of plants can I give as gifts?
Flowers and plants have a big role to play at Christmas, with the obvious one being the Christmas tree, but others come to mind too, like holly and Poinsettias which, with their reds and greens, add plenty of colour to the Christmas cheer. Visiting guests are greeted at the front door by proudly-hung wreaths and very often even receive them as gifts too.
Apart from these classic Christmas time images though, there are numerous house plants too that make fantastic gifts. Tied with a gold, red, or green ribbon or a combination of all three, or in a beautiful pot or display, any of the following plants will make great Christmas gifts that will last for many years:
- Tropical house plants and palms are wonderful gifts for anyone
- Even cacti, when presented correctly, will be a welcome gift for acquaintances
If you feel that the above type of plants are somewhat boring to give as Christmas presents, then you might want to consider the following, which are unusual to give as gifts, but can be either fun or very practical:
- Basil – a growing Basil plant is a great gift for a friend or family member who loves cooking
- Venus Fly Trap – not only is this carnivorous plant great at getting rid of flies, but watching them catch and eat their prey is extremely interesting and educational
- Flower plants – these make a great gift instead of cut flowers. Whomever receives this gift from you can enjoy the flowers year after year in their garden or even in a vase on a table
- Orchids – although exotic orchids can be a bit finicky to keep healthy and strong, they are spectacular and make wonderful gifts
- Bulbs – bulbs make a wonderful gift for anyone who loves gardening. Include a watering can and a nice gardening tool and you have the perfect gift for someone with a green thumb
Bear in mind that some plants can be toxic, cause irritations or allergies, so avoid giving these as gifts. Also, remember to include plant care instructions wherever possible.
All of the above plants and many more, as well as wonderful plant-related gifts, can be purchased easily and quickly and with little to no inconvenience to you by visiting The Garden Centre Guide. Find the garden centres close to you and start shopping now for those awesome, living Christmas gifts for your family and friends.